Alumni Interaction Session Mr. Navneet Solanki on April 22, 2021
College : Acropolis Faculty of Management and research
Date : Thursday 22nd April, 2021 at 1:30pm to 3:15 pm
Speaker : Mr Navneet Solanki alumnus of batch 2008-10.
Beneficiaries : MBA students of batch 2020-22
Participant : 100+ Students of MBA 2nd Sem and 4th Sem
Coordinator : Dr. Anshu Thakur
Highlights of the Event.
An Online Alumni Interaction session was organized by Acropolis Faculty of Management and research and Mr Navneet Solanki alumnus of batch 2008-10 was the guest speaker. He shared with students that he started his career with Piramal Pharma Limited and after that he also worked with Eureka Forbes, Axis Bank and currently working at Equitas Small Finance Bank
Mr. Solanki guided the students about how to move ahead in their career, how to choose stream?, choose industries and many more knowledgeable things. He shared some of his valuable leanings which will work as guiding principles for students. Some of them are:
- Get good theoretical knowledge, avoid guides, always prefer books because good command on theoretical subjects will help students to relate to the practical world.
- At this stage of career, grab internship opportunities as much as you can and understand the culture and working of the company’s/corporate.
- Be open for any location and industry. Do not limit yourself for any kind of location, industry or salary bars.
- Grab every opportunity you get because great opportunities only knock once’ you should be able to grab that opportunity and take the best of it.
Later on he also shares some practical information about particular sector/streams such as hr, marketing, finance, data analytics, business analytics.
- As Human Resource Management was his specialization, he gave a brief knowledge about it – theoretical and practical with facts. He said – For Hr you need to have great command on theoretical terms so that you can relate well in the practical world and also you should have a good command on Ms. excel /Ms. Office which will be very useful. You also need to focus on grooming which is a important factor in HR. He also added that, in HR for initial 5 years you have to struggle and after that there will be growth and stability in your career.
- Students of finance streams should do certification courses available in the market to develop their skills. He added advance excel is required for finance students. He also discussed about banking and insurance fields.
- He continued that for marketing you need to develop your personality and have to focus on soft skills. You should also have a good command on making and delivering presentations. He also gave some effective presentation ideas/tips.
- About business analytics he said that it is upcoming area with lot of opportunities.
At last, he ended the session with a great saying `opportunity knocks only once’ open the door and welcome it with open hands. And also gain as much knowledge as you can because theoretical knowledge is important to connect with the real world.
Dr. Anshu Thakur
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.