Webinar on “FINANCIAL LITERACY AND AWARENESS PROGRAM” on January 20, 2021
Department – MBA (AFMR)
Name of Event – Webinar on “FINANCIAL LITERACY AND AWARENESS PROGRAM”
Date of Event – Wednesday, 20th January, 2021
Objective of Event – Why Financial education?
Details of Guests with Designation – CA. V.K. Jain
Practicing Chartered Accountant and Trainer at NSE (National Stock Exchange)
Dignitaries Present –
Coordinator (s)/Convener – Dr. Pooja Talreja (Coordinator Finance Club)
Details of Participants – MBA Students
Achievements (if any) –
Write up giving highlights
FINANCIAL EDUCATION is a basic life skill that has a direct impact on personal well-being. Basics like money management, savings, investments, lay a strong foundation for money habits if imparted from a young age.
A webinar was organized on “Financial Literacy and Awareness Programme” by Dr. Pooja Talreja, as a coordinator of Finance Club in MBA department for the students of MBA 3rd Semester and MBA 1st semester. The programme is under the aegis of Investor Education & Protection Fund (IEPF) of The Ministry Of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Government Of India organized by NSE.
The resource person for the event was CA. Veer Jain, Practicing Chartered Accountant and Trainer at NSE (National Stock Exchange).
- Veer Jain has explained and covered various topics viz :
- Why financial education ,
- Understand Savings and Investments;
- Understand inflation and its effects,
- Financial Goals;
- Power of Compounding ;
- financial literacy and knowledge of financial markets;
- rights and responsibilities of investors,
- Investor’s grievances handling mechanism and different agencies to be approached for redressal ;
- Various investment options, to create understanding about markets and related institutions, their functions etc;
- Risk and reward relationship;
- Also throws light on Mutual Funds , Post Office Schemes , PPF , Chit Funds , etc. ;
The students were enabled to clarify their doubts and queries about real life financial planning and discussed various financial scams in the market despite various regulatory bodies. The session was very beneficial to the aspiring students and was appreciated by all.
Prepared by (Name) Dr. Pooja Talreja