2015, AITR, Dept_Other, IIPC, Technical
FDP Organized by IPPC, Acropolis on “Intellectual Property and Transfer of Technology: Importance and Relevance for Academic Institutions”
Intellectual Property and Transfer of Technology: Importance and Relevance for Academic Institutions
Intellectual Property Protection Cell in association with NEN & CII organized an Insightful session on IPR for the Faculty members of Acropolis and other NEN partnered Institutes on 18th April 2015. Around 50 faculties attended this FDP.The session was addressed by the IP Expert, Mr. Neeraj Gupta – Founder & CEO, Formulate IP.
The FDP focused on Intellectual assets, such as Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks which play increasingly a pivotal role in fostering innovation and economic growth in academic institutions. Mr. Neeraj explained that Competition is intense, and often revolves around an increasingly global race to acquire and assert IP rights. Adequate protection of the patent asset is a crucial step for academic institutions in deterring potential infringement and in turning ideas into business assets with a real market value. The topics covered during the session were:
- A practical overview of identification, protection of IP/Patent assets
- Discussion on how IP/Patent rules are applied to different assets
- Protection of an Idea/Product/Process
- Discussion on how to build a strong IP/ patent portfolio
- Management of IP/ patent portfolio
- Enforcement and Commercialization of IP/ patent portfolio
- IP Budgeting
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.