Seminar on “Finance for All” on May 18, 2022 Wednesday
Name of Event – Seminar on “Finance for All”
Date of Event – Wednesday, 18th May, 2022
Objective of Event – Financial literacy helps in planning your income where your money should be spent, how much income should be saved, how much should be invested, how to stick to what you have budgeted, avoid overspending and direct your money towards savings.
Details of Guests with Designation – Mr. Aman Kumar Mourya
Director – FinOptions Institute of Financial Studies Pvt. Ltd.
Dignitaries Present – Faculty members of MBA
Coordinator (s)/Convener -Dr. Pooja Talreja (Coordinator Finance Club)
Details of Participants -MBA 1st and 3rd Semester Students
Achievements (if any) –
Write up giving highlights
Financial literacy is the cognitive understanding of financial components and skills such as budgeting, investing, borrowing, taxation, and personal financial management.
At Acropolis, we practice to call experts to throw light on various fields in different discipline.
A seminar was organized on “Finance for All” for the MBA students by Dr. Pooja Talreja, as a coordinator of Finance Club. The resource person for the event was Mr. Aman Kumar Mourya, Manager: Director, FinOptions Institute of Financial Studies Pvt. Ltd.
Mr Mourya enlightened the students on the following important points :
- Brief overview of financial sector and securities under it, linking it with the equity market.
- Current economic scenario and the measures taken by government.
- Importance of equity valuation form investor as well as company’s perspective
- A person should have passive income along with active source of income.
- How to read balance sheet for taking investment decision.
- how to apply concept of time value of money while investing
- Redefining approach towards MBA program (Job Oriented)
- Benefits of Experimenting to know one’s capability.
- Clarity on specific skills required for core finance.
- Idea about Entry level profiles in the financial service.
- Importance of Financial Education.
He also focused on Forecasting skills, Proficiency in: Ms excel, Ms office, Power point Presentation and communication skills, etc. The students were enabled to clarify their doubts and queries about various careers. The session was very beneficial to the aspiring students and was appreciated by all.
Prepared by (Name) Dr. Pooja Talreja
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.