Workshop- SEBI STUDENT AWARENESS PROGRAM–“Investing as a Beginner” on May 21-22, 2021
Department-MBA (AITR and AFMR) and CDC
Name of Event-Two Day Web Based Workshop- SEBI STUDENT AWARENESS PROGRAM–“Investing as a Beginner”
Date of Event – May 21 &22, 2021
Day 1: Practical Live Trading Session
Day 2: Introduction to Securities Market and Investment Avenues during tough
times of COVID.
Time of Event- The workshop was conducted in two time slots: 11.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and 1.30 p.m. to 3.00 p.m.
Objective of Event– This initiative aims to make the participants efficiently invest in capital markets to keep pace with the changing economy.
Details of Guests with Designation– Dr. Priya Agrawal, Sr. Corporate Trainer SEBI
Dignitaries Present – Prof. Atul N Bharat, Group Director CDC
Dr. Manish Mittal, Principal AFMR
Dr. S.C. Sharma, Director AITR
MBA Faculty Members
Organized by- Prof. Atul N Bharat, Group Director CDC
Coordinator (s)/Convener– Dr. Pooja Talreja
Details of Participants– The Event was majorly organized for MBA 2nd Semester Students. Few final year students also attended the program.
Total Participants in Slot I: 94 Students + Few Faculty Members
Total Participants in Slot II: 96 Students + Few Faculty Members
Write up giving highlights
Understanding about the Capital market prepares a young person to face real-life economic decisions like buying a house, investments, savings for retirement etc.
On 21st and 22nd May 2021, the Department of Management in association with CDC Department organized a two days web based workshop on “SEBI Student Awareness Program- “Investing as a Beginner” for the students of MBA Students. The workshop covered learning of practical tools, live trades, capital market terminologies explanation which helped the participants to better understand the practical know-how by analyzing capital markets.
The resource person for the workshop was Dr. Priya Agrawal, Sr. Corporate Trainer SEBI. She has completed Executive Program in Management, Finance and Financial Management Services From IIM, Ahmdabad. She is having experience of Education Program Partner with Bombay Stock Exchange Limited from April 2015 till today.
Learning Outcome of the Workshop:
- How to operate a real life trading account
- Understand the difference between Bid Price and Offer Price
- How to check the latest stock price
- How to execute a live BUY ORDER of shares
- How to execute a live SELL ORDER of shares
- how to do Intraday trading (Buy and Sell the same stock in the same day)
- How to do “Short Trading”’
- How to invest money in IPO/FPO/Bonds/NFO-MF/ SGB Bond
- How to see the net position after squaring off the position
- Diversification of Fund
- Different Investment Avenues
- When to invest in a particular stock: Fundamental Analysis and Technical Analysis
- All this and much more! The students were enabled to clarify their doubts and queries about the role of capital market in Indian Economy and how to invest fund in it. The session was very beneficial to the aspiring students and empowered them with the diverse skills needed to intelligently manage their investment portfolio and be able to choose the right company, the right fund, and the right investment strategy with confidence. The session was appreciated by all.
Prepared by (Name) Dr. Pooja Talreja
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.