IIC ( Institutions Innovation Council)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established Innovation Cell (MIC) to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC) to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years. MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
National Institutional Ranking Framework For Innovation (NIRF) previously ARIIA
National Institutional Ranking Framework Innovation (NIRF) - It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India to systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to "Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development among students and faculty members.
- IPR Session - Workshop on intellectual property rights ( IPRs) and IP management for start up by Ms. Ujjwal Jaipal Singh Examiner Of Patents and Designs Department Of Industrial policy and promotion, ( Ministry of commerce ).
- Investment Awareness Session- knowledge-based training program about stock market
- Exposure Visit to Idea Lab - In an Idea Lab, students can develop their ideas into viable business plans, products, or services, and receive guidance and support from mentors, experts, and resources.
- Poster presentation of prototype
- Session on problem solving and ideation workshop
- “Successfully pitching an idea before investor”