The objectives of the IPP Cell are the following:
(1) Work as a bridge between CII IPFC and University and its affiliated colleges in the region
(2) Advice and guide researchers on the importance of IPR, especially Patents, with the help of NEN & CII IPFC.
(3) Arrange periodic meetings of small groups of faculty members along with officers of NEN & IPFC for identifying patentable inventions
(4) Encourage faculty members to carry out Patent searchers to fine-tune their research.
(5) Assisting & Facilitate clearance from the competent authority for filing patent applications through NEN & CII IPFC
(6) Forward eligible cases of IP for IPRs protection to IPFC
(7) To disseminate information on rules and restrictions relevant to IP protection.